The IT Service Desk Engineer's primary responsibilities are to provide service to an expanding user base by supporting current and new technologies. This includes implementing elegant solutions, troubleshooting hardware and software incidents, and performing routine user management.
Work is time critical and will be completed efficiently and effectively to minimize application downtime or residual negative effects on the business. Provide Subject Matter Expertise in one or more core functional services. Correctly determine the need for problem escalation, provide afterhours support, and successfully complete various IT support calls to end-user satisfaction.
This position requires applicable industry experience with Service Desk, desktop, network, and/or systems troubleshooting and support, as well as, a strong aptitude for learning as candidates will be trained on the job across all technologies this group will support across the organization.
- Perform incident management using Trackit! that provides speedy restoration of service after an event or with events that could disrupt the normal operation of an IT service.
- Provide support for any assigned work orders coming into the support Service Desk.
- Request assistance and/or escalate problems to minimize any impact to the production systems, members and business users.
- Perform problem management, which includes determining the root cause through advanced troubleshooting.
- Monitor, identify, resolve, and/or escalate alerts to appropriate teams for resolution.
- Promote a team environment by assisting other team members on support issues when needed.
- Participate in any necessary tool selection for the IT support area.
Job Requirements Knowledge & Skill Requirements
- Determine and communicate using both verbal and written skills to all interested parties on a particular problem.
- Evaluate and interpret end user information requirements both onsite and/or remote.
- Recommend and request needed training including any outside consulting.
- Work in a team environment while approaching work and others with a positive attitude.
- Work on multiple problems simultaneously.
- Working knowledge of the following technologies: Windows 7/10 environment, Active Directory, Exchange Management, Enterprise AV solutions, Imaging.
- Working knowledge of the following troubleshooting tools: Command Prompt, Task Manager, Resource Monitor, MMC,
- Reliable transportation to accommodate travel between sites.
Education and Experience
- Associate's degree
- 1+ years working experience on a Service Desk or Network Operations Center (NOC) with 100 users or more
- Industry certifications (Net+, A+, ITIL, HDI-DST, Windows 10 MCSA, Sec+, etc.) preferred
- Physical requirement includes occasional lifting /carrying of IT equipment up to 50 lbs.
- Visual acuity, speech and hearing; hand eye coordination and manual dexterity necessary to operate a computer keyboard and networking/security equipment
Be subjected to reaching, walking, twisting, and kneeling to perform essential functions of the job.