The Systems Administrator's primary responsibilities include Incident and Problem Management for a large, complex set of applications where in-depth troubleshooting is required. The primary objectives are to provide tier two and three support to prevent Incidents from happening, and to minimize the impact of incidents.
Providing Subject Matter Expertise in one or more core functional services is expected. Correctly determine the need for problem escalation, provide afterhours support, and successfully complete various IT support calls to end-user satisfaction.
This position requires applicable industry experience with IT Service Desk, desktop, network, and/or systems troubleshooting and support, as well as, a strong aptitude for learning as candidates will be trained on the job across all technologies.
- Participate in the support and implementation of a highly available network and telephony infrastructure
- Installation, configuration, administration and maintenance of Windows infrastructure
- Assist on implementing system-level enhancements and new technologies
- Provide escalated Service Desk support in troubleshooting issues
- Initiate & manage support tickets with hardware and software vendors
- Maintain updated network and systems documentation and diagrams as needed.
- Work in a fun, casual environment with bright, motivated and experienced people.
- Career progression development including job specific certifications, vendor training and conferences
Job Requirements Knowledge & Skill Requirements
- Experience with network and server operations best practices
- TCP/IP Network skills and protocols
- Experience working with virtual infrastructure (i.e. Hyper-V, VMware)
- Managing Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, GPO, File and Print services
- Supporting, configuring, and managing Windows environment, including Windows 2008, Windows Server 2012, Windows 7/10
- Experience troubleshooting network/system problems and outages
- Proven ability to successfully navigate and perform in a fast-paced environment and effectively multi-task priorities in a team-oriented setting
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work both independently on projects and cooperatively with the rest of the team
Education and Experience
- Minimum of 3+ years IT experience
- Industry certifications (N+, A+, MCP, ITIL, HDI-DST, etc.) preferred, and S+, MCSE, CCNA a plus
- Cisco UCS, Unified Communications, switches, routers, and firewalls experience a plus
Full Health, Dental, Vision, and Competitive Pay
Thor Motor Coach, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
About Thor Motor Coach
Thor Motor Coach, Inc. is a subsidiary of Thor Industries and the #1 Motorhome Brand in North America, producing nearly 1 out of every 4 motorhomes sold each year. Thor Industries was founded in 1980 by Wade Thompson and Peter Orthwein with the purchase of Airstream. Thor Industries went public in 1984 and since that time, Thor has grown both organically and through strategic acquisitions in both recreational vehicles (RVs) and buses, though the Company divested its bus business in 2013 to focus on its core RV business. Today Thor is the sole owner of operating subsidiaries that, combined, represent one of the world's largest manufacturers of RVs.
Over the years Thor has received many honors for its growth and management success. In January, 2000, Forbes included Thor in its Platinum 400 list, and in April, 2004, Thor was added to Standard & Poor's Mid-Cap 400. Also in 2004, Forbes declared Thor to be one of the "Best Managed Companies in America." In 2005, Fortune called Thor one of "America's Most Admired Companies," and Industry Week ranked Thor as one of the fifty best U. S. manufacturers from 2005-2008 and again in 2013. Thor was ranked 636 on the "Fortune 1000" list in 2014, with an industry rank of 17th among Motor Vehicles and Parts companies. Thor has become one of the most admired and respected companies, not only in the RV industry, but in American business as well.