The IT Service Desk Admin responsibilities focus on supporting IT administrative responsibilities including purchasing, auditing, and asset tracking. Strong communication, organizational skills, and attentional to detail are required.
- Ensure that the Service Desk phone line is monitored as needed.
- Minor troubleshooting of technical problems pertaining to desktops, laptops, peripherals, and basic software issues.
- Assist in the maintenance of the loaner library.
- Oversee the purchasing, delivery, and tracking of all IT assets and inventory.
- Schedule and coordinate vendors for repairs, purchases, and other logistics.
- Oversee the process of shipping/receiving hardware for return, exchange and/or repair.
- Occasionally pick-up and/or deliver computer related items from/to a vendor or facility.
- Coordinate and manage auditing tasks including working with internal and external auditors.
- Review the daily backup operations and security reports/events.
- Train end users one-on-one and in group settings.
Job Requirements Knowledge & Skill Requirements
- Excellent written, documentation, and verbal communication skills with the ability to explain problem description in details on an end-user level.
- Develop technical documentation for training, software use, user procedures, and as-required project deliverables.
- Evaluate and interpret end user information requirements.
Education and Experience
- 4 Year college degree in computer science, MIS, or CIS or equivalent work experience preferred
- 2+ years of IT/IS experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Understanding of Sarbanes-Oxley compliance a plus
Pre-Employment Drug Screen. EOE