Now Hiring Sr. Application Developer
Team: You'll be part of the team that develops internal applications as well as all of Dynamics AX 2009 functional areas. Make strong contributions in a team environment. We are looking for a Sr. Application Developer who is excited about finding efficient and effective solutions as we deploy new technologies and solutions. There is potential for career progression including job specific certifications, vendor training and conferences. Work in a fun, casual environment with bright, motivated and experienced people. Apply now if you are an experienced Sr. Application Developer w/ 5+ years' experience who can hit the ground running and you have the ability to multitask and adjust to changing priorities.
Day to day:
- Attends to both business and technical considerations when designing solutions to project/team or company related issues.
- Participation in and oversight of the daily upkeep and administration of the software systems including monitoring and security management.
- Research and apply solutions and fixes for technological issues.
- Provide support for any assigned calls or tickets. Request assistance and/or escalate problems to minimize any impact to the production systems, members and business users. Participate in afterhours support to provide afterhours support and problem resolution for computer applications.
- Provide service/application support cost information.
- Create standards and procedures for IT support. Create articles for knowledge base.
- Promote a team environment by assisting other team members on support issues when needed.
- Respond to employee requests for support and troubleshooting of software issues.
- Assisting in a consulting role for various systems.
- 4 Year college degree in computer science, MIS, or CIS or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience developing Enterprise class applications
- 3+ years of coding with X++ in Dynamics AX 2009/2012 preferred
- 3+ years of extensive experience with C#, .Net, VB6, SQL
- Familiarity with the ITIL framework
- Advanced experience with MS SQL Server and Dynamics AX development (X++) preferred
- Advanced experience in report writing with SSRS, SSIS, SSAS, or Crystal Reports
- Experience with handheld development preferred
- Understanding of Sarbanes-Oxley compliance a plus
- Understands and can speak to all aspects of the software development life cycle (e.g. requirements, analysis, design, implementation, testing, and documentation) and associated execution models (e.g. Waterfall, Agile, Iterative Development, etc.).
- Acts as a liaison or primary point of contact for communicating with client side technical expertise.
- Demonstrates interest in improving the company's technical awareness, depth and use of technology across the business.
- Participates in the evolution of company level best practices, standards, and policies as it related to software development.
- Meets programming standards by following production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; identifying work process improvements; implementing new technology
- Arranges program specifications by confirming logical sequence and flowcharts; researching and employing established operations
- Develop technical documentation for training, software use, user procedures, and as-required project deliverables.
- Possess a personality to think outside the box and question the status quo with a continuous system improvement mindset
- Proven history of proactively taking ownership of projects and problems when they arise
- Proven ability to successfully navigate and perform in a fast-paced environment and effectively multi-task multiple priorities in a team-oriented setting
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work both independently on projects and cooperatively with the rest of the team
Benefits: Full Health, Dental, and Vision; 401k, Competitive Pay
Thor Motor Coach, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
About Thor Motor Coach
Thor Motor Coach, Inc. is a subsidiary of Thor Industries and the #1 Motorhome Brand in North America, producing nearly 1 out of every 4 motorhomes sold each year. Thor Industries was founded in 1980 by Wade Thompson and Peter Orthwein with the purchase of Airstream. Thor Industries went public in 1984 and since that time, Thor has grown both organically and through strategic acquisitions in both recreational vehicles (RVs) and buses, though the Company divested its bus business in 2013 to focus on its core RV business. Today Thor is the sole owner of operating subsidiaries that, combined, represent one of the world's largest manufacturers of RVs.
Over the years Thor has received many honors for its growth and management success. In January, 2000, Forbes included Thor in its Platinum 400 list, and in April, 2004, Thor was added to Standard & Poor's Mid-Cap 400. Also in 2004, Forbes declared Thor to be one of the "Best Managed Companies in America." In 2005, Fortune called Thor one of "America's Most Admired Companies," and Industry Week ranked Thor as one of the fifty best U. S. manufacturers from 2005-2008 and again in 2013. Thor was ranked 636 on the "Fortune 1000" list in 2014, with an industry rank of 17th among Motor Vehicles and Parts companies. Thor has become one of the most admired and respected companies, not only in the RV industry, but in American business as well.
Apply at 604 Middleton Run Road in Elkhart, or 606 Nelson's Parkway in Wakarusa or online at thormotorcoach.com/contact. Pre employment drug screen required. EOE